Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramesh DthSky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 540
  • Views Views: Views 78,231
Status
Not open for further replies.
I
Every one has their views. For me I come from a cable background, TS is my first DTH and it's very good and fits my needs.

Also many here have said TS has better PQ than ADTV, some said ADTV has better. So it depends on various aspects like TV size, TV settings, STB quality, channel quality, etc.

So in reality No one knows which is best but we speak on our experience

Just to add on, I was an Airtel user for 7 years (2 years SD and 5 years HD) and moved to TataSky this January. I feel TataSky picture and audio quality is excellent and better than ADTV. But I feel volume is a little lesser than Airtel. However, with the +1 services, repeat episode services and a number of SD and HD channels along with a super Customer care service - I'm very very Happy with TataSky. :cheers::surprised:

Customer care services of Airtel was pathetic and horrible, and everycall is a nightmare! :wall:

@Siva bro u have another Act cable connection right?
That day u posted some pics of Zee Telugu HD channel.

I have asked my uncle (using 55 inch tv), checked at Sony store and asked some friends (also having 55 inch and above TV) all using TS HD, none facing any PQ issues, all getting excellent quality
Leave it bro, you couldn't accept the fact. You need to use it yourself. Watching on other's TV, watching in a store for sometime, these things will not get you a conclusion, because you already have an opinion that TS is very good. But I've bought TS with huge expectations and the HD quality let me down and I'm suffering every day looking at those blurry faces especially on Telugu regional HD channels.

In fact, I will try to record a video on my TV (Tata Sky) and my friends' TV (Airtel Internet TV) on same channel and same program and upload both the videos so that everyone can see themselves what I'm talking about. It's basically going to be a perfect test as we both use same TV with same settings and we live in same lighting conditions (Apartment designs are same)

On small screen you wouldn't know the quality bro!
Sorry Bro, you might be thinking i am a supporting TS but trust me I am not getting bad quality i am from a gaming background and even now i do gaming occasionally so i know difference between quality very much even if fps drops and its visible on small screen too i have seen all Airtel Live, JIO and TS on web HD and all three have different qualities

Why will i support TS and may more if i am not getting quality up to the mark. Because i don't have greed of all channels so the day i feel i am not getting that quality on TS i will switch

I might be wrong because we both are using different brands TV but trust me i am not getting bad quality in whatever channels i am watching i cannot prove because i don't have a good camera which can record videos properly.

Fully Agreed With All The Words Of @Siva Bro.

I myself seen the HD Channels picture quality of Tata Sky On my Maasi(Aunt's) Sony Bravia 32 Inch Led TV and it was good but i found my adtv hd Channels picture quality is far better than Tata Sky but in case of SD Channels Tata Sky is the best but as per my experience ADTV HD Channels Picture is far better than Tata Sky.

So the conclusion is:

If one needs both SD & HD channel picture quality perfect, he need to have 2 DTHs i.e. TS for SD & ADTV for HD and keep changing between the input source of connection according to channel requirements. #just_for_jolly :p

Sorry Bro, you might be thinking i am a supporting TS but trust me I am not getting bad quality i am from a gaming background and even now i do gaming occasionally so i know difference between quality very much even if fps drops and its visible on small screen too i have seen all Airtel Live, JIO and TS on web HD and all three have different qualities

Why will i support TS and may more if i am not getting quality up to the mark. Because i don't have greed of all channels so the day i feel i am not getting that quality on TS i will switch

I might be wrong because we both are using different brands TV but trust me i am not getting bad quality in whatever channels i am watching i cannot prove because i don't have a good camera which can record videos properly.
I will try recording the video as I said. I will use same phone (S7) while recording. as my friend also uses S7. Let's see how that comes up. We will take MN+ HD as an example.

Reactions: Omi
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom