Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

• Thread starter Thread starter Ramesh DthSky
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies: Replies 540
  • Views Views: Views 78,230
Status
Not open for further replies.
Its not that I don't believe u @Siva bro. I do. But when shifting from cable 2 years back I did comparison of TS and ADTV. One needs after sales service also right ? TS is good in this too. I checked TS PQ in neighbours home and friends place too went and watched channels by myself and I was impressed by the PQ.

2 years back, I don't think TS had these many HD channels. So, you should do a thorough check now!

Why will TS charge Rs 175 if their PQ is bad ? As I said we have our own likes and dislikes. We are not able to solve the issue u face. And u did say that rest of the non regional HD channels are fine. Pls watch IPL today on star sports 1 HD and let me know

That's why I'm quite surprised. This is the bummer right? They are charging a separate HD access fee and we expect the quality to be the best on market. We should not even come to a point of comparing it with other DTH. Unfortunately, TS loses the battle in HD pic quality. They are looting the customers without providing the quality that the customers deserve after paying the HD access fee of 175/- month. My goodness, this is totally wrong on their part.

P.S. Its not that I have already concluded that TS is best and hence I cannot see any issue in PQ. As I said 2 years back I did lots of checks on both adtv and TS. Went to neighbours home and friends he to check. Based in all these I found TS having better PQ. Some say ADTV had better SD PQ but u say TS has so all have their views :)

As I said, 2 years back they did not have these many HD channels. You should compare it now. And regarding SD channel PQ, I haven't heard anyone saying ADTV has better SD PQ than TS. If there are such people, I would just laugh at them!! I stopped watching SD channels on ADTV long back, and now on TS I watch them at least occasionally!

Another things why I chose TS other than good PQ is because of their good customer care and after sales, discounts on packs, no lock in period for alacarte
I never had any issues with ADTV customer care bro, only thing is they don't have knowledge on the packs and channel additions in advance like TS. But issue resolution wise, they are excellent. In fact, for any audio related issue ADTV is the best to get a resolution from broadcaster. I myself worked with ADTV to get the Dolby audio issue resolved on Gemini HD and Star Maa HD. Gemini HD had this issue for years, and it got resolved only after that channel got added on ADTV because of the push from the Airtel technical team with Sun network team. Even Sun Direct has done fairly good job in the 1.5 months I was there with them. They have regularly followed up on the issues I was facing. They replaced the STB promptly for the HBO HD subtitles issue, if you read my other thread about this. Of course, I had to replace it again because of poor HD quality on the old N series box. That was also promptly done.

I agree that TS customer care is advanced in terms of knowledge on channel additions and they are also good in not having lock in period for al-a-carte. However, ADTV and Sun are also doing a fair job. And remember, we pay half the price to them compared to TS you know.

@Siva bro all HD channels pq is bad in TS ?? And what about users who are saying ts pq is equally good compare to adtv that to recently ??

@Siva bro all HD channels pq is bad in TS ??

Not all, I gave the list a few posts back, and even in the complaint to TS customer care I gave them the list of channels. I believe when a HD access fee is being collected from the customers, they should give the best PQ on ALL HD channels not SOME.

And what about users who are saying ts pq is equally good compare to adtv that to recently ??

I don't know how they are saying it. If they watched ADTV HD on same TV with same picture settings, I don't believe they would say that.

In 2016, TS was the DTH with max HD channels, now also they are the leader. Honestly speaking back then in 2016 i compared only the main channels (Sports, GEC, Movies, Infotainment).

People with TS DVR dont seem to have any PQ issues bro, this is very mysterious.

Why not we watch IPL on Star Sports 1 HD, pls do watch and let me know the PQ how u feel it is. Remember u said Star Movies HD and Sony BBC Earth HD had poor PQ, which later u said it was the content that was the issue and not the channel/TS.

I will check again PQ of TS HD v ADTV HD when i get time and let u know :)

@Siva bro all HD channels pq is bad in TS ?? And what about users who are saying ts pq is equally good compare to adtv that to recently ??

I am confused as to what Siva Bro is saying now. First he said only regional HD channels were bad and others were good. Then he said Star Movies and Sony BBC Earth had poor PQ, and now all HD channels bad PQ ???:huh::undecided:

People with TS DVR dont seem to have any PQ issues bro, this is very mysterious.
Yes, this is a valid point.
Why not we watch IPL on Star Sports 1 HD, pls do watch and let me know the PQ how u feel it is. Remember u said Star Movies HD and Sony BBC Earth HD had poor PQ, which later u said it was the content that was the issue and not the channel/TS.

Sure, I will watch this evening. I agreed only on Star Movies HD bro. Did not agree on BBC Earth HD, because it's not having good quality.

I will check again PQ of TS HD v ADTV HD when i get time and let u know :)
Sure

I am confused as to what Siva Bro is saying now. First he said only regional HD channels were bad and others were good. Then he said Star Movies and Sony BBC Earth had poor PQ, and now all HD channels bad PQ ???:huh::undecided:
Bro, where did I say all the HD channels have the PQ issue? When I gave the list I gave regional HD channels and also couple of normal HD channels. Later I realized Star Movies HD was Ok and accepted it was content. But I did not say anywhere that Sony BBC Earth HD was because of content. You guys don't get confused and confuse me please.

So that means its the content that is at fault, not channel/TS.
Bro, you don't conclude like that, this is a big problem. If you just like that say it's content, why am I writing these many posts about this issue? I spent money on TS because I wanted the best, that too just after a month I spent 4K on Sun Direct HD, why would I complain unnecessarily? This movie is old and upscaled, and it is having bad quality anyway, however it's worse on TS than normal! @TirumalHD check when a new movie is being played. I don't think you used Airtel HD to distinguish the quality did you?

Last edited:
Bro, where did I say all the HD channels have the PQ issue? When I gave the list I gave regional HD channels and also couple of normal HD channels. Later I realized Star Movies HD was Ok and accepted it was content. But I did not say anywhere that Sony BBC Earth HD was because of content. You guys don't get confused and confuse me please.

That question was to Rushil Bro, asking him about the question he put up.
But the big Question is why others are not facing such PQ issues apart from 3-4 people ??? :huh:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom