Tata Sky lines up Paolo Agostinelli as chief programming and strategy officer

sujith6

Reaction score
MUMBAI: Tata Sky CEO Harit Nagpal is likely to have a new right-hand man soon. The DTH platform has shortlisted Sky Italia’s VP of partner channels Paolo Agostinelli to fill in the shoes of Nicola Bamfordi - who has gone back to London as Sky's director EST in June 2013. Agostinelli is slated to come on board as the chief programming and strategy officer reporting into Nagpal.

“The intention is to get the best talent available for the job. It is a competitive market and we need to get the best,” says Nagpal. The DTH operator has applied to the government and is awaiting the permission to get Agostinelli aboard. “He is still in Italy. The permissions can take a month or two.”

The 43 year old Agostinelli holds an MBA from the Columbia Business School in New York and recently launched Sky Italia’s on demand service. Previously a consultant with Bain & Company, Agostinelli joined Fastweb as head of marketing and later became head of IPTV.
Launched in 2004, Tata Sky is a joint venture between Tata Group and Star India. Sky Italia is owned by Twenty First Century Fox Indian DTH platform.
Agostinelli who has still not joined Tata Sky has already quit Sky Italia. His departure has led to new appointments within Sky Italia's programming department: Luca Revelli will take charge of relations with third party channels in addition to his current position as head of digital activities and special projects. Giovanni Uboldi will be in charge of pay per view and VOD. Both will report to executive VP of programming Andrea Scrosati.

Commenting on the appointments, Sky Italia CEO Andrea Zappia says: “I am pleased for Paolo as this is a significant professional opportunity and I want to thank him for his outstanding contribution to Sky’s growth.”

Indian Television Dot Com > Digital Edge > Tata Sky lines up Paolo Agostinelli as chief programming and strategy officer

Good news. Let us hope TS will come out of its conservative thinking, bad planning and poor vision.

He seems to be fan of south channels then. we need more bloody HD channels. sort it out!

Better not to speak about HD channels in TS. I f you speak about this fact some people will jump in to protect TS. For the past few weeks is there any other meaningful discussion here except migration to Mpeg4 and adding Malayalam channels. You may also observe that several posts are meant just to increase the number of posts ( I don't know the criteria of awarding Dream Star ratings.It appears only the number counts not the quality.)

I wonder, why don't you guys create separate thread for HD instead of commenting on HD on almost all thread ? :angry

If that happens then it will be helpful to track HD related news. ;)

soorya_g said:
Better not to speak about HD channels in TS. I f you speak about this fact some people will jump in to protect TS. For the past few weeks is there any other meaningful discussion here except migration to Mpeg4 and adding Malayalam channels. You may also observe that several posts are meant just to increase the number of posts ( I don't know the criteria of awarding Dream Star ratings.It appears only the number counts not the quality.)

Yeah people talk about hd channels as if its year 2007 only few have them. there is plenty of demand for hd channels and we are the only ones paying over rs500 monthly to get them.

Welcome to new Strategy officer .
Why Tatasky did not realise the fact that the convesrion to Mpeg4 is not inevitable all these years . TS might have expected 12 transponders from GSAT10 but at the same time what about the life of present Insat4a. Even if 12 transponders were alloted in GSAT10 the same situation would have araised after another 2 years once Insat4a stop functioning. Then search for another setellite in the same 83 degrees ?
Did not Tatasky lose market share during the past 1-2 years to others for the only reason of having less number of channels, HD channels in particular in spite of reputed brand name, good customer service, quality hardware and software.
Let us hope the new incumbant set right the things in order.

soorya_g said:

Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock