Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Humax STB has 1080P setting. Might be your stb. Try to change it and try once.
1080p is available on HEVC STBs'. Humax is HEVC STB. I asked our members before hand on the STB model I should go with and everyone unanimously suggested Technicolor model. I will ask them to change my STB when they call me. We will see if that fixes the issue.

1080p is available on HEVC STBs'. Humax is HEVC STB. I asked our members before hand on the STB model I should go with and everyone unanimously suggested Technicolor model. I will ask them to change my STB when they call me. We will see if that fixes the issue.

Try both STB, HEVC and DVR. Take a demo of both and see which has better PQ, and update us

The PQ of Star Sports 1 HD and Select 1 HD is so crisp and clear that i can see the flies moving around, even the dust i can see. Also sweat drops falling from the players. I was even shocked to see the that during slow motion replays when the bat hits the ball, the dust particles from the bat/ball is also seen. :skd:

My Sony Bravia 48' LCD TV Picture Settings

Picture Mode : Standard
Backlight : 2
Picture : 95
Brightness : 50
Colour : 52
Hue : 0
Colour Temperature : Neutral/Cool
Sharpness : 15-17
Reality Creation : Auto
Noise Reduction : Medium
MPEG Noise Reduction : Medium
Cinema Drive : Auto
Adv Contrast Enhancer : Medium
Black Corrector : Medium
Gamma : 0
Clear White : Off
Live Colour : Low
Led Motion Mode : Off
Power Saving : Low

Note: I have both TS & ADTV :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
@MRizz bro do u find any grains on Star Sports 1 HD on TS as Siva Bro said, asking as ur TV size is almost same as his.

And do u find ADTV HD PQ better than TS HD ???

@Anish Pai no bro there is no PQ issue on ROI HD channels and also SS1HD.

Its happen with me also in starting days when i switch to TS from ADTV but both have same and good PQ.

In case of Audio Quality on HD channels so TS is little bit low in Few HD channels compare to ADTV HD channels.

@Anish Pai no bro there is no PQ issue on ROI HD channels and also SS1HD.

Its happen with me also in starting days when i switch to TS from ADTV but both have same and good PQ.

In case of Audio Quality on HD channels so TS is little bit low in Few HD channels compare to ADTV HD channels.

Thanks for the reply bro. So that means there is no difference in PQ of HD channels in TS/ADTV and they are same. I also noticed it as same when i compared it.

AQ is less as on some channels TS upscales DD audio to DD+ hence the low audio.

Hi @Siva, I still doubt whether the picture quality issue will be resolved with the change of Humax HEVC STB. But it would be a good try as well as worth considering if Tata Sky oblige to your request. The broadcast in India (and in most parts of the world including the USA, except a very few ) happens only at 1080i (interlaced scanning) and the 1080p (progressive scanning) shown is only to make the STB future-ready in case broadcast happens through progressively scanned lines, but it will not happen anytime sooner considering the huge cost factor associated with it along with the bandwidth issues.

Also, the refresh rate standard followed in India is only 50 Hz (PAL) by the broadcasters. The 60 Hz ( NTSC) is followed in the USA and some other countries of the two American continents. Hence the 60 Hz shown is to make the STB future-ready so that Tata Sky can broadcast the US channels at 60 Hz rate rather than at 50 Hz rate. Hence even though the STB shows 60 Hz, the refresh happens only at 50 Hz as sent by the broadcaster.

So I believe the standard right now in India is 1080i@50Hz only.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock