Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sharpness is at 3 ??? Do u get the clarity with that ??? In Vivid the Brightness is Max. But Light Sensor does the adjusting.

I will set my settings as yours and let you know if i face blurriness.
Sharpness of 3 was good enough. But you can try increasing it, per your testing. You mean the Back light is Max in Vivid I guess? Brightness can't be at Max in any setting!

In my tv, the settings are: standard
Backlight-6, picture-95,brightness-37, colour-55, col. Temp. Neutral, sharpness-10, real. Crea-Auto. Is it good? Trying to tweak pic settings to get the best pic possible.

Sharpness of 3 was good enough. But you can try increasing it, per your testing. You mean the Back light is Max in Vivid I guess? Brightness can't be at Max in any setting!

@Siva bro: here are the settings of my TV.

There is no backlight option in my picture settings, there is brightness which is Max

Picture Mode: Vivid
Brightness: Max (50)
Color: 60
Contrast: Max
Gamma: 0
Black Level: 50
Black Adjust: High
Light Sensor: On
Sharpness: 75
Adv. Contrast Enhancer: High
Reality Creation: Auto
Random Noise Reduction: Auto
Digital Noise Reduction: Low
Hue: 0
Color Temperature: Cool
Live Color: High

Last edited:
@Ramesh DthSky This is exactly the issue I'm facing in HD Channels. Even the faces are blurred in few HD channels to my surprise. The issue is there even on Star Movies HD if you observe very closely. Few HD channels are very good, like Zee Studio HD. As you rightly mentioned, Tata Sky is a premium DTH and charges way higher than it's counterparts. So, such issues should not be there at all, especially with respect to HD picture quality.

@Siva, Thanks for acknowledging. I have been using Tata Sky HD since August 2016 and am completely disappointed with the picture quality issue on those HD channels. The issue is very disgusting especially when there are long shots (distance from the camera). We can't even see the faces of the actors there. I sent lots of mails to nodal and finally got exhausted when they asked me for a snap so that they can confirm. Then only I switched to Airtel HD. I believe you watch Telugu channels. You can find the issue very easily on Maa Movies HD. Though I don't know Telugu, I just watched that channel primarily to figure out this issue. It will be very disgusting to watch faster dances and fight scenes and that too in a HD channel. Many say Tata Sky is a premium DTH, but if that is the case then Tata Sky is really failing in the picture quality of especially regional music and movie HD channels.

But for the same TV settings, I never found those picture quality issues in Airtel HD or Videocon D2H HD and Sun Direct HD as well. Finally I settled with Airtel HD as my primary DTH and moved Tata Sky HD to my parents' room who only watch Sun TV HD.

As far as picture settings are concerned, if you reduce the sharpness to zero or keep it lesser, then the issue will be minimized a bit but not fully resolved. Actually Tata Sky should move to HEVC format for compression to resolve this. Else they need more transponders to give sufficient space to all HD channels. Since their subscription rates are higher, they should do whatever possible to give the customer a quality HD viewing experience.

There is no backlight option in my picture settings, there is brightness which is Max

Brightness: Max
All the enhancers like Adv. Contrast Enhancer, Noise Reduction, Live Color can be turned off or low to get close to natural picture. These settings usually create more artificial effect rather than enhancing it.

Brightness: Max
Your settings are a mess, brightness at max and sharpness at 75? Thats not even watchable

@Siva, Thanks for acknowledging. I have been using Tata Sky HD since August 2016 and am completely disappointed with the picture quality issue on those HD channels. The issue is very disgusting especially when there are long shots (distance from the camera). We can't even see the faces of the actors there. I sent lots of mails to nodal and finally got exhausted when they asked me for a snap so that they can confirm. Then only I switched to Airtel HD. I believe you watch Telugu channels. You can find the issue very easily on Maa Movies HD. Though I don't know Telugu, I just watched that channel primarily to figure out this issue. It will be very disgusting to watch faster dances and fight scenes and that too in a HD channel. Many say Tata Sky is a premium DTH, but if that is the case then Tata Sky is really failing in the picture quality of especially regional music and movie HD channels.

But for the same TV settings, I never found those picture quality issues in Airtel HD or Videocon D2H HD and Sun Direct HD as well. Finally I settled with Airtel HD as my primary DTH and moved Tata Sky HD to my parents' room who only watch Sun TV HD.

As far as picture settings are concerned, if you reduce the sharpness to zero or keep it lesser, then the issue will be minimized a bit but not fully resolved. Actually Tata Sky should move to HEVC format for compression to resolve this. Else they need more transponders to give sufficient space to all HD channels. Since their subscription rates are higher, they should do whatever possible to give the customer a quality HD viewing experience.
Very aptly put. I will just wait for Airtel to add the pending telugu HD channels!!

Your settings are a mess, brightness at max and sharpness at 75? Thats not even watchable
He is using Vivid, so that's how it will be in Vivid!

All the enhancers like Adv. Contrast Enhancer, Noise Reduction, Live Color can be turned off or low to get close to natural picture. These settings usually create more artificial effect rather than enhancing it.

Just checked. Brightness Max is 50. if u set Picture mode as standard it goes to 30.

I guess brightness ur TV is 100 (Max) and u have set it to 50

Very aptly put. I will just wait for Airtel to add the pending telugu HD channels!!
@Siva, yes. Even I am waiting for Zee HDs and Colors Tamil HD addition. If those channels are added, then I will be completely satisfied with Airtel HD for its good HD picture clarity and audio quality and most importantly for its affordability.

Let's wait for that day for those HD channels addition.:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock