Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
Your settings are a mess, brightness at max and sharpness at 75? Thats not even watchable

Thats what the Technician set it to when he came to install. I didnt even check all these months and now i changed it to standard. I just need the best PQ settings for the TV. :)

Just checked. Brightness Max is 50. if u set Picture mode as standard it goes to 30.

I guess brightness ur TV is 100 (Max) and u have set it to 50
Your TV doesn't have separate back light setting, mine does. Probably your TV combines both back light and brightness into single setting.
Thats what the Technician set it to when he came to install. I didnt even check all these months and now i changed it to standard. I just need the best PQ settings for the TV. :)
You mean the Sony Technician right? They don't have any idea of calibration. They just set it to same thing for everyone!! You don't need to change it to standard, you can set it to custom and fiddle with the settings until you get the best quality.

Your TV doesn't have separate back light setting, mine does. Probably your TV combines both back light and brightness into single setting.

You mean the Sony Technician right? They don't have any idea of calibration. They just set it to same thing for everyone!! You don't need to change it to standard, you can set it to custom and fiddle with the settings until you get the best quality.

Well I need help in setting it to the best. As of now i have set it to Standard which is the default setting. In the weekend i will try custom and try changing the settings. :)

As of now Brightness is 50% which should be good., Color temperature changed to Neutral.

Watch Zee Cinemalu HD now to understand the picture quality issue on HD channels. I can hardly see the faces in the song, it's like 240p quality.

Watch Zee Cinemalu HD now to understand the picture quality issue on HD channels. I can hardly see the faces in the song, it's like 240p quality.

Yes @Siva. Another newly added regional movie HD channel. The HD viewing experience hits the lower end here for some HD channels. I hope you would have seen this channel on Sun Direct HD (I don't have Sun Direct right now and hence didn't watch this channel) and wouldn't have observed an issue like this there during the fast paced dance sequences. I purchased Tata Sky HD with greater expectations on August 15, 2016, but since the first day itself I found this issue, most of the times I started always looking at the faces of the actors whether they are visible or not on Sun Music HD rather than enjoying the songs that were telecast. The simple logic is as long as the scene being telecast is not fast paced or shot very closer to the camera, the picture would be fine, but once the scene is fast paced or shot at some distance from the camera, the faces will blur.

This is similar to comparing the 1080P or 720P video with the much compressed 360P video on YouTube. The 360P or 240P video will look fine for near static scenes but once the scene becomes slightly fast paced or shot at some distance from the camera, the blurriness will be visible on the faces of the actors. The big impact of compression!!!!

Last edited:

Is the song an HD recorded video ??? as when the channel was launched someone had posted that they were showing non HD content.

Is the song an HD recorded video ??? as when the channel was launched someone had posted that they were showing non HD content.
It's Brahmotsavam, fairly new movie bro. I watched this movie on same channel in Sun Direct and it was of excellent quality.

I just wanted to clear one thing from my side. Yes. Even Sun Music HD and KTV HD broadcast older non-HD content sometimes. But whatever I have shared here are my experiences with the newer HD content that was broadcast on this channels and not about the non-HD content.

Congrats,

Four years back, I too experimented and experienced this. Moved from Airtel HD to Sun Direct HD for 2 months and then Tatasky HD for 2 months and then again was back to Airtel HD, as I felt Airtel was superior in all aspects. When using Tatasky, I subscribed Ten HD for Rs. 60 per month apart from my Grand sports package at that time. The PQ was very pathetic that too of an HD channel, as soon the 2 month subscription was over, I ran back to Airtel HD and no more looking back. Let Airtel add the channels slowly or settle the disputes, will remain with this provider. Now I am using Airtel Internet TV and I bet no provider will match this AQ and PQ.

Regards

It's Brahmotsavam, fairly new movie bro. I watched this movie on same channel in Sun Direct and it was of excellent quality.

Wonder why regional HD channels have this issue. Never faced this issue in Marathi HD channels.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock