Discussion Tata Sky Picture Quality Issues On Few HD Channels

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Technicolor HD will continue along with Humax HD. The old stock had the old TS logo, the new Stock has New TS Logo and remote.

I Agree With You Anish bro I Hope They Resolve HEVC STB Picture Issue In Future Via Firm Ware Update.

nop. only Malayalam nd Tamil.
In Asianet, Surya nd Mazhavil i don't notice this blur..
will watch Sun Music today night and will update.

ys, as u said may be its un-noticeable because of 32" TV.

You will easily find the issue in a 32 inch TV itself. I initially found this issue in my 32 inch Samsung and later confirmed that in a brand new 32 inch LG TV. Again I rechecked this in my neighbour's TV as well. You don't even need a Full HD TV. An HD ready TV is itself sufficient to notice this issue. In a Full HD TV, this picture quality issue will be very easily noticeable.

Though this issue occurs in some other channels as well, it will be very prominently noticeable in the regional music and movie HD channels. Below given are the names of a few.

1.) Sun Music HD ( LCN 1511)
2.) KTV HD (LCN 1507)
3.) ZEE Cinemalu HD (LCN 1453)
4.) Star Maa Movies HD (LCN 1429)

The primary reason I believe is due to compression of those channels. If you get a chance please watch those channels stated above and read once my posts #65, #103 and #115 where I have mentioned how to find out the issue. One need to watch the video keenly to find out the issue during the fast paced scenes like fights and dances, long shots, and when the camera is moved faster horizontally.

All the DTH service providers compress channels for the lack of transponders or for any other technical/financial reason at their end but that should not at any case go beyond a level that affects the picture quality of HD channels and that too especially when you collect an unique HD Access Fee. This is my point of view for this issue.

Last edited:
I have split this discussion into a separate thread. Let us continue discussing the issue here. Thanks.

@Ramesh DthSky just tell me one thing why ts will compress HD channels they don't have any space issue right now in fact they are the dth having most space compare to other dth ??

@Ramesh DthSky just tell me one thing why ts will compress HD channels they don't have any space issue right now in fact they are the dth having most space compare to other dth ??
What else could be the reason? It should be compression. They might be saving space for future HD additions by compressing some HD channels!!

What else could be the reason? It should be compression. They might be saving space for future HD additions by compressing some HD channels!!
It does not make sense bro until they are lack of space as they are already having a almost empty

It does not make sense bro until they are lack of space as they are already having a almost empty
I don't understand your statement bro, what do you mean "as they are already having almost empty".

Bro TS uses 2 Satellites, and they have ample space to add more. Lets ask @M.J.Sadiq bro how much TP Space do they have to add more HD/SD Channels. They even didnt go HEVC as they have space now. So i dont know why they would compress highly ???

As per few members HD Picture Quality on Airte is better than Tata sky..

and if the reason is compression then lets have a look at transponder

I have taken Sun Music HD as one of user is facing issue

Sun Music HD is on tp 11600 V 8PSK DVB-S2 3/4 in airtel and tp 11590 H 8PSK DVB-S2 2/3 in Tata Sky.

both tps are of almost same symbol rate and FEC (Airtel 3/4 and Tata Sky 2/3) which increase the space little bit for airtel not much

since both airtel and tata sky uses same compression that is Mpeg 4 or H.264

So, lets see which DTH is having more channel in the tp

Airtel Tp which have Sun Music HD that is 11600 V 8PSK DVB-S2 3/4 has 27 SD + 5 Data + 7 HD channels..

Tata Sky Tp which have Sun Music HD that is 11590 H 8PSK DVB-S2 2/3 has 26 SD + 3 HD + 2 Data Channels..

So, On Paper Airtel is compressing much more than tata sky but in Reality few users are getting better PQ than TS

*There might be two reasons :-

1) Tata Sky is giving much more space to SD channels and compressing HD channels
2) Airtel is giving much more Space to HD channels and Compressing SD Channels

Note : All Data has been collected from Sadiq Bro's Scan and Our Forum

For Total Usable Space :-

Tata Sky

2DUh8.png

Airtel Digital TV

2DUh7.png

Website Used :

DVB-S,DVB-S2,DVB-S2X,DVB-C Bitrates Calculator

If we Calculate the Space for Per Channel as per my calculation (1 HD channel = 3.68 SD channels then ) excluding data channels as they take very less space

In Airtel

27 SD + [7*3.68 = 25.76 SD ] 26 SD approx = Total 53 SD Channels (after Conversion )

TP Space 68.5 MBit/s So, 68.5/53 = 1.29 MBit/s Per Channel

In Tata Sky

26 SD + [3*3.68 = 11.04 SD ] 11 SD approx = Total 37 SD Channels (after Conversion )

TP Space 62.2 MBit/s So, 62.2/37 = 1.68 MBit/s Per Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock